Tell Us Once
A new service for recently bereaved
When someone close to you has died, there are a lot of things that need to be done at a time when you least feel like doing them.
Tell Us Once is part of a nationwide project led by the Department for Work and Pensions, and is designed to make it easier for the public to inform the necessary authorities and departments about a death.
In Suffolk, the information can be shared with a number of central and local government departments including:
- Housing benefit office
- Council tax
- Council Tax benefit office
- Blue badges
- Adult and children's services
- Council housing
- Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Revenue and Customs
- Identity and passport service
- Driver and vehicle Licensing Agency
- Ministry of Defense, Service personnel Veterans' Agency
Previously, once a statutory death registration had been completed, you would have to contact all the local and national government agencies to inform them of the death.
For more information visit the Suffolk County Council website.