Tell Us Once
A new service for recently bereaved
When someone close to you has died, there are a lot of things that need to be done at a time when you least feel like doing them.
Tell Us Once is part of a nationwide project led by the Department for Work and Pensions, and is designed to make it easier for the public to inform the necessary authorities and departments about a death.
In Suffolk, the information can be shared with a number of central and local government departments including:
- Housing benefit office
- Council tax
- Council Tax benefit office
- Blue badges
- Adult and children's services
- Council housing
- Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Revenue and Customs
- Identity and passport service
- Driver and vehicle Licensing Agency
- Ministry of Defence, Service personnel Veterans' Agency
Previously, once a statutory death registration had been completed, you would have to contact all the local and national government agencies to inform them of the death.