For Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth
The Government has paved the way for thousands of jobs to be created by giving the green light to an Enterprise Zone covering sites within Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth.
The Enterprise Zone presents an excellent opportunity for businesses to capitalise on the area's leading position in the energy sector by offering a range of benefits and incentives.
The Enterprise Zone covers development-ready land at the following locations:
In addition to the core sites mentioned above, additional areas within the Outer Harbour (Power Park) are covered by simplified planning regulations.
Companies in the Enterprise Zone benefit from:
- Business rates relief
- Simplified planning - 5 Local Development Orders are already in effect
- Access to super-fast broadband
- 1 of 6 nationally recognised Centres for Offshore Renewable Engineering (COREs)
- 2 ports with complementary facilities supporting the offshore energy sector with a supply chain and skilled workforce
- The closest deep-water ports to over £50 billion of capital expenditure to be invested in the energy sector over the next 20 years
- A dedicated energy-industry trade association, East of England Energy Group (EEEGR), through which to reach supply-chain partners
- Political and business community commitment through Norfolk and Suffolk Energy Alliance (NSEA) under the East of England Energy Zone branding
Guidance on the Local Development Orders
Maps and pictures of the sites are available at the New Anglia website.
To discuss the potential opportunities that the Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft Enterprise Zone presents please contact Eunice Edwards - Enterprise Zone Co-ordinator