Making a comment or complaint to the Council
Your opinion matters
At Waveney District Council we are committed to putting you, our customers first. That means we are always pleased to hear what you have to say about the services we provide.
By letting us know what you think - when we are doing a good job and when you think we can do better, you will be helping to improve the Council for everybody.
Waveney welcomes all feedback and if you are particularly pleased with a service we have provided, or with a particular member of staff or team please let us know. The Customer Services Team will ensure the appropriate person receives this compliment.
If you would like to send a compliment please complete our online Comment/Compliment/Complaint form, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone the Customer Services Team on (01502) 562111.
If you need to complain about one of our services, we will do our best to put things right and make sure that the same thing doesn't happen again to you or to somebody else.
Whenever you contact us with your feedback, good or bad, you can be assured we will:
- Always listen to what you have to say
- Treat you honestly, fairly and politely
- Give you help and advice as quickly as we can
- Respect your individual needs and your right to privacy
- Keep you informed about what's happening
- Take action, where appropriate, to improve our service to you
- Address and respond to all complaints within 15 working days of their receipt.
- Let you know if our response to your complaint is going to take longer than 15 days by sending an acknowledgement letter that explains the situation and outlines when you should expect a full response giving you a specific date.
- Acknowledge any compliments we receive within 3 workings days.