Supporting people in Waveney
Community development is about empowering individuals and groups by providing them with the skills and support they need to affect change in their own communities.
Waveney District Council have a Community Development Team working alongside the communities of Waveney who's main purpose is:
- To strengthen relationships and bring people of different backgrounds together for the benefit of the wider community
- Encouraging individuals to play an active role in their community, creating a sense of belonging and ownership
- Working in partnership with external partners such as the Police, Primary Care Trust and Suffolk County Council, voluntary and community organisations and local people to make Waveney a place where people want to live and work
- To undertake consultation in partnership with other organisations and act as a conduit for all consultation across the Council
- Promoting equality, diversity and fairness
- Support community and voluntary groups to develop and seek funding, which will compliment and help deliver the Strategic Aims of the Council and the Sustainable Communities Strategy
- Support the reduction of crime and anti-social behaviour in Waveney and help to improve community safety.
The Community Development Team supports a wide range of individuals, community groups and partner organisations across Waveney and prides itself on the partnership work carried out with the diverse range of communities there are Waveney. Each member of the Community Development Team is responsible for empowering communities and supporting projects and initiatives.